Creating Windows Apps in Windows

How do you create Windows apps using Pascal? Please tell me how to, or where i can get some tutorials on creating window apps.

Comments

• : How do you create Windows apps using Pascal? Please tell me how to, or where i can get some tutorials on creating window apps.
    :

Im not sure if Turbo Pascal 7 can create windows apps. If you can, it'll definately be a fight so id not recommend that.

There is a Turbo Pascal for Windows (v1.5 or something I think). Its old and I wouldnt really recommend that either.

What I would recommend is you go buy a copy of Delphi 6 Personal. It runs about $99 which is a little steep if you are only a hobby programmer, but I dont set the prices I just live with them :-)

• You have various options including

Turbo pascal for windows (TPW) available as a download from Inprise/Borland
    Borland Pascal 7 (includes the BPW compiler)
    TMT
    Stony Brook
    .... and there are others such as Free Pascal

All the above have windows type editors, generate windows apps and come with
    sample applications. These are traditional editors/compilers that do not try to
    push you into any particular style of program appearance or coding. It would
    also be worth considering Virtual pascal which uses a block text dos mode
    editor but produces GUI programs quite happily.

Delphi is a very good, and for most people I would guess superior, alternative
    where the "user-interface" part of the program can normally be prototyped
    very quickly.