I need the file "wordpad.exe"

Hi,
I have install windows 95 on my computer because Windows ME is too slow on my 32 MEG/Ram but when I open an application with wordpad, this message apear: "Cannot open executable file"
If you have windows ME or Windows 98, can you send the file "Wordpad.exe" in your Windows directory at my email please.

my email: [email protected]

Thanks

Comments

• 1) you probably need more than just the exe. there are probably DLL files that would be needed as well.

2) why would you want to open an executable file in a word processor? If you want to modify the code in hex... get some small hex editor instead.

: Hi,
    : I have install windows 95 on my computer because Windows ME is too slow on my 32 MEG/Ram but when I open an application with wordpad, this message apear: "Cannot open executable file"
    : If you have windows ME or Windows 98, can you send the file "Wordpad.exe" in your Windows directory at my email please.
    :
    : my email: [email protected]
    :
    : Thanks
    :

• 2) why would you want to open an executable file in a word processor? If you want to modify the code in hex... get some small hex editor instead.

It's not to modify an application sources, it's just to see if I have a Virus. if i look "*.COM" or "*.EXE" I will known the infected file and I will send this file to Symantec to repair it and add in virus list.
    My FKG BROTHERS HAVE OPEN A VIRUS ON MY COMPUTER AND WHEN I PRESS A KEY, A SOUND IS PLAY: IT'S LIKE A LITTLE "DZZZZZ"
    AND WHEN I MOVE MY MOUSE THIS SOUND IS PLAY: "TRRRRRR"

HOW TO REMOVE THIS !!!! I HAVE LOADED MCAFEE BUT NO VIRUS IS DETECTED !

PLEASE SEND THE FILE AT MY EMAIL.

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTION TO REMOVE THIS PLEASE SEND ME !

send me wordpad.exe please.

• : 2) why would you want to open an executable file in a word processor? If you want to modify the code in hex... get some small hex editor instead.
    :
    :
    :
    : It's not to modify an application sources, it's just to see if I have a Virus. if i look "*.COM" or "*.EXE" I will known the infected file and I will send this file to Symantec to repair it and add in virus list.
    : My FKG BROTHERS HAVE OPEN A VIRUS ON MY COMPUTER AND WHEN I PRESS A KEY, A SOUND IS PLAY: IT'S LIKE A LITTLE "DZZZZZ"
    : AND WHEN I MOVE MY MOUSE THIS SOUND IS PLAY: "TRRRRRR"
    :
    :
    :
    : HOW TO REMOVE THIS !!!! I HAVE LOADED MCAFEE BUT NO VIRUS IS DETECTED !
    :
    :
    : PLEASE SEND THE FILE AT MY EMAIL.
    :
    : IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTION TO REMOVE THIS PLEASE SEND ME !
    :
    :
    : send me wordpad.exe please.
    :

I uploaded it here:
    just4fun.zophar.net/members/sephiroth/WORDPAD.EXE

but, how are you going to identify the virus? Remember, most virus programmers encrypt the text to prevent people from immediately recognizing it.

• : but, how are you going to identify the virus? Remember, most virus programmers encrypt the text to prevent people from immediately recognizing it.
    :

thank you for your file ! now you can delete from your FTP...

Thank you agsin !

but if the sources is encrypted, how detect my virus???

• Greetings
    I'm thinking the "Trrrr" thing is the sound card (wierd i know But I've seen it happen) Check the volume settings if the master is low & one of the others is wide open the static gets loud & tends to correspond with mouse movements...
    the "Dzzz" sounds like a Microsoft IntelliType keyboard setting
    the two points could be associated if somebody was trying to setup a prank badly :)

Just a thought
    Stoic Joker

: It's not to modify an application sources, it's just to see if I have a Virus. if i look "*.COM" or "*.EXE" I will known the infected file and I will send this file to Symantec to repair it and add in virus list.
    : My FKG BROTHERS HAVE OPEN A VIRUS ON MY COMPUTER AND WHEN I PRESS A KEY, A SOUND IS PLAY: IT'S LIKE A LITTLE "DZZZZZ"
    : AND WHEN I MOVE MY MOUSE THIS SOUND IS PLAY: "TRRRRRR"
    :
    :
    :
    : HOW TO REMOVE THIS !!!! I HAVE LOADED MCAFEE BUT NO VIRUS IS DETECTED !
    :
    :
    : PLEASE SEND THE FILE AT MY EMAIL.
    :
    : IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTION TO REMOVE THIS PLEASE SEND ME !
    :
    :
    : send me wordpad.exe please.