Creating a special client area...

SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
OK, I can create a STATIC window easily, but I need to create one that may only be, say, 400x300 pixels in size, but I need it's actual client area to be much, MUCH larger. I am creating the new level editor for my game now that I am using solid objects for it, and it is divided into four windows (3d, top, front, side). Naturally, 400x300 isn't even big enough for a decent room. How can I make the client area of the three (not 3d) windows larger than the window? Also, if an object starts within view and then goes outside the window, is there a way to clip it without special coding? Thanks in advance guys! When I get back tomorrow I'm putting up an AoY SE website and emailing those of you who helped me the address of a RAR of what I am currently working on if you wish to check it out.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

Comments

• I think you talking about the scrolling - like you have a paper of 16000x16000 pixels, but client area, of course, is less than that. So, you have to scroll it to edit diff. parts of it. Do you have an e-mail address where file can be attached? I have a VC6 project which explains scrollers.

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
    : I think you talking about the scrolling - like you have a paper of 16000x16000 pixels, but client area, of course, is less than that. So, you have to scroll it to edit diff. parts of it. Do you have an e-mail address where file can be attached? I have a VC6 project which explains scrollers.
    :

You can reach me at [email protected] most of the time. I check this one several times a day because it's one of the four that I have. I just use the hotmail account publicly :P. One thing, I have never used Visual anything. I use Borland C++ 5.02 and I use notepad/wordpad to do my programming. Been that way since BASIC on my Atari 400! If I can still view what is important though, send away, it'll be appreciated.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

• : : I think you talking about the scrolling - like you have a paper of 16000x16000 pixels, but client area, of course, is less than that. So, you have to scroll it to edit diff. parts of it. Do you have an e-mail address where file can be attached? I have a VC6 project which explains scrollers.
    : :
    :
    : You can reach me at [email protected] most of the time. I check this one several times a day because it's one of the four that I have. I just use the hotmail account publicly :P. One thing, I have never used Visual anything. I use Borland C++ 5.02 and I use notepad/wordpad to do my programming. Been that way since BASIC on my Atari 400! If I can still view what is important though, send away, it'll be appreciated.
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]
    :
    :

Coming up...
    VC60 editor is VERY GOOD! by the way...

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Yeah, Visual anythign makes programming easy enough for most people, and amkes it easy enough for beginners to get a decent grasp of it, but I need the flexibility and control that is limited with the visual stuff. I know you can edit the raw source after using the visual tools, but it's faster for me to code in an entire WinMain function and add my specialty stuff than it is to do it visually, although I DO use Borlands visual tool for my dialog boxes :P. By the way, judging from your name, you know assembly? If so, could you possibly port some Windows code of mine to ASM for me in the future? When I finish my z-buffering routine(s) for my game, I would like them in ASM so it'll run faster if I can get somebody to port the code, since I haven't touched ASM since my 6502 (Atari 800)! Oh and thanks for the code, I see now what I was missing and am toying with it now.

• : Yeah, Visual anythign makes programming easy enough for most people, and amkes it easy enough for beginners to get a decent grasp of it, but I need the flexibility and control that is limited with the visual stuff. I know you can edit the raw source after using the visual tools, but it's faster for me to code in an entire WinMain function and add my specialty stuff than it is to do it visually, although I DO use Borlands visual tool for my dialog boxes :P. By the way, judging from your name, you know assembly? If so, could you possibly port some Windows code of mine to ASM for me in the future? When I finish my z-buffering routine(s) for my game, I would like them in ASM so it'll run faster if I can get somebody to port the code, since I haven't touched ASM since my 6502 (Atari 800)! Oh and thanks for the code, I see now what I was missing and am toying with it now.
    :
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]
    :
    :
    Sure, no problem... I will try to help...
    Just give me a call at '[email protected]'.