asp does not work

I use IIS to work with ASP but it does not work anymore. It work before but I dont know what settings I changed. When I open an .ASP file with IE5 a new window opens and asks if I want to save the file (test.ASP) or open this from locations. None of these options work. Maybe you can help me.

Comments

• It seems that your IIS server isn't running or working proplerly.....
    are you using Windows 2000 Pro or which one?

[blue]Go to Start > Administrative Tool > Internet Services Manager[/blue]

Check your Server "STATE" .... is it running or stop?

if it's running and your problem is still remaining try to reinstall your server ...

[blue][b]Zeeshan Arshad[/b][/blue]
    [red]Web Developer[/red]
    [email protected]
    http://www.zeeshanarshad.com

• Don't reinstall the server. Actually, from the details, the server is up and running fine. It handles the request for the file, it just doesn't recognize that it is supposed to parse the file. Your settings have been changed. If you are running Win200 Server, you have removed the .asp file extension from one of the lists.

• Go to the home dir tab in your web's properties box

hit the button that sais configuration...

make sure you have an Extension called .asp

if you don't click add and enter these settings

Executable: = C:WINNTSystem32inetsrvasp.dll

Extension: = .asp

Verbs = Limit to:

Limit to: = GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE

then check (Script engine)

and hit ok

your asp pages sould work

: Don't reinstall the server. Actually, from the details, the server is up and running fine. It handles the request for the file, it just doesn't recognize that it is supposed to parse the file. Your settings have been changed. If you are running Win200 Server, you have removed the .asp file extension from one of the lists.
    :
    :
    :