Listbox Items

*Warning: More then likley a dumb newbie question, take note. You HAVE been warned.*

Allright, How do I make seperate, reactions, for each item you click in a listbox. Exp. Lets say you have a list of a few things:

Dog
Cat
Horse

That was your list in the listbox. How would I make it so each animal you click on puts some text into a textbox? so if you click on dog it loads some text that says 'a dog is mans best friend'?

Comments

• : *Warning: More then likley a dumb newbie question, take note. You HAVE been warned.*
    :
    : Allright, How do I make seperate, reactions, for each item you click in a listbox. Exp. Lets say you have a list of a few things:
    :
    : Dog
    : Cat
    : Horse
    :
    : That was your list in the listbox. How would I make it so each animal you click on puts some text into a textbox? so if you click on dog it loads some text that says 'a dog is mans best friend'?
    :
    Private Sub Form_Load()

List1.AddItem "Dog", 0
    List1.AddItem "Cat", 1
    List1.AddItem "Horse", 2

End Sub

Private Sub List1_Click()

Static Animals(0 To 2) 'increase this the more things you have
    Animals(0) = "is a mans best friend"
    Animals(1) = "is a an ignorant creature"
    Animals(2) = "cant be forced to drink when taken to water"

MsgBox Animals(List1.ListIndex)

'or you could make this a text box

End Sub

hope that helps

Lee

• Thanks seems to be going on the right idea, But I need a little bit more. Now how do I take the text for each item, and stick it in a textbox?

I tried this idea...

Animals(0).Text1 = "Mans best friend"

But didnt work. Thanks for the help so far, Additional would be very appretiated!

• Allright sorry, I missed the little piece at the end of your post. I can get a MsgBox to pop up but I cant get the text to go in a TextBox...heres what ive tried:

TextBox Animals(List1.ListIndex)
    TextBox.Text1 Animals(List1.ListIndex)
    TextBox.Text1 = Animals(List1.ListIndex)

None work.

• Allright sorry, I missed the little piece at the end of your post. I can get a MsgBox to pop up but I cant get the text to go in a TextBox...heres what ive tried:

TextBox Animals(List1.ListIndex)
    TextBox.Text1 Animals(List1.ListIndex)
    TextBox.Text1 = Animals(List1.ListIndex)

None work.

Allright nevermind I figured it out....
    Text1.Text = blah blah

Ya. Allright last little prob Im having is how do I make I think the term is courier return. If the sentence is too long and it runs off the TextBox, how do i format it? Also change colors, Bold...things like that?

• Hi Try changing the Text box multiline propertie to 'True'