Menu with pictures, Application icons

- In most of Visual Basic menu's have small icons, how can I add icons to my menu ?

- Many EXE programs have multiple icons, when you changing icon of a file, you can choose from icons in Dll's, ICO and EXE file, the firs and the last one have can have more than one icon, how can I add add more than one icon in my program ?

- How can I extract icons from EXE and DLL's files ?

Comments

• : - In most of Visual Basic menu's have small icons, how can I add icons to my menu ?
    :
    : - Many EXE programs have multiple icons, when you changing icon of a file, you can choose from icons in Dll's, ICO and EXE file, the firs and the last one have can have more than one icon, how can I add add more than one icon in my program ?
    :
    : - How can I extract icons from EXE and DLL's files ?
    :

1- To add icons to your menu items, you have to use some windows API functions like SetMenuItemBitmaps() and others. Or you can search for a third party control that helps you in adding icons.

2- Icons in programs are resources linked with your exe. To add more icons to your exe, add a resource file and put as many icons as you want.

3- Use the ExtractIcon() API function

• : : - How can I extract icons from EXE and DLL's files ?

There's also a nice shareware program called MicroAngelo that you can use to extract icons from other programs, and also make your own.

Take care,
    Daniel Read
    [b]developer.*[/b]
    http://www.developerdotstar.com