ic list

I can't find a list of ic's and what they do. I know a complete list would be huge, all I'm looking for is a list of some of the more common ic's and what they do.

Comments

• : I can't find a list of ic's and what they do. I know a complete list would be huge, all I'm looking for is a list of some of the more common ic's and what they do.
    :
    Hi!

There is a set of books called "IC-Master", which has a very complete listing of almost every chip made. Last time I checked, the set is expensive ($200-$300 dollars). You should be able to find a set at a technical school, if there's one near you.

There is another way to get this info: get in touch with one or more of the major chip manufacturers, by web-site, phone, or mail. Ask for a copy of their "data book". Every manufacturer has at least one, and often more.

For instance, I got 4 or 5 books from Phillips on their microcontrollers. Also one from Dallas Semiconductor, which includes all of their product line.

These books are free for the asking.

If you jsut need info on a particular chip or chips, just ask for the specific data sheets.

Some manufacturers also have an e-mail newsletter concerning development with their products.

Good Luck!

Melissa

• will do, thanks!

• : I can't find a list of ic's and what they do. I know a complete list would be huge, all I'm looking for is a list of some of the more common ic's and what they do.
    :

Check this site for common IC's:

http://www.falstaff.demon.co.uk/GIICM.html