FOR ALL ASM PROGRAMMERS!!!!!

HEY,
To all ASM programmers. I had a think in my mind to setup a CHAT program for all ASM programmers.
So we can directly talk things together. If you guys are intersted is in this please reply.

Greetings, Marcel

[email protected]

Comments

• : HEY,
    : To all ASM programmers. I had a think in my mind to setup a CHAT program for all ASM programmers.
    : So we can directly talk things together. If you guys are intersted is in this please reply.
    :
    : Greetings, Marcel
    :
    : [email protected]
    :

I agree u? But who will make it?

---------------------------------------------
    The second laziest person of the world.
    Laziest- The MisFit

• Wow! I actually began working on a project, called DOS-IM (DOS Instant Messenger) for lack of a better name, and it would only work with Hayes or compatible phone modems because it does direct control. Well, now I guess I'll have enough motivation to finish the last half of it. But what about this messageboard? Who's gonna post anything to it? What about comp.lang.asm.x86 and alt.lang.asm? .......... Argh!

• We could also try to start a Programmers Heaven chat function on this site. Do you know any good Java or ASP based chat client/server?

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• : HEY,
    : To all ASM programmers. I had a think in my mind to setup a CHAT program for all ASM programmers.
    : So we can directly talk things together. If you guys are intersted is in this please reply.
    :
    : Greetings, Marcel
    :
    : [email protected]
    :
    Hey,
    I think the WEBMASTERS idea is good. I will try to find a java chat client/server.(If someone no something like that please request)
    If we found a server there must somebody to write the CHAT program.
    I dont no JAVA.
    You will hear from me.

Diehard.

• Hey Tore, could you set up a plain-text telnet chat server?

• You mean a normal ASP/HTML based chat system?

If you find a good java/ASP chat-solution, then please let me know so that I can evaluate it.

• Oh, never mind, no one would like it...

• Why not?

What kind of technical solution would you like to see?

• : Why not?
    :
    : What kind of technical solution would you like to see?
    :
    :
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :
    :

I think the java chat at www.linux.com/interactive/live is open source java chat. I am not sure of asp. You could check it out.

• If it runs from a web page I'll be happy, because I generally use a different computer every time I'm online so I can't install software.

• I think the best solution is if there are a chat solution that both supports HTML and Java chats at the same time.

Anyone who knows about a product like that?

• Would be great, but shouldn't we make it in ASM? only problem with a client like that would be to have server.

• : Would be great, but shouldn't we make it in ASM? only problem with a client like that would be to have server.
    :
    :
    Assembly, though my favorite language, isn't the only language I know. There would be little to gain in making the program in assembly in this case.

"No Bad Religion song can make your life complete."
    -No Direction, Bad Religion

• I agree. it's just for the fun of it. But I don't think they're talking about the same kind of chat client any ways. I was thinking about a MIRC style of client.

• [white]MMM[/white]If I could use my DOS computer(s) as a server, it'd run off a 180MHz P][, DOS 6.22, 24MB RamDrive, 7 MB of left over extended memory, a 212MB IDE HD (read-only access) for downloads of various files I have collected, INTERLNK, my 50MHz i386SX with INTERSVR and DOS 7.1 giving me another 7 MB RamDrive and a floppy drive (I don't have one on the P][). I also have an internal 56K modem that can only go in the P][ and an external 28K modem that can go on either computer. They'd run on ASM routines supplied by me (and others that'd like to help).

Remember, there doesn't have to be just [italic]one[/italic] server!!! :-)