Delphi dis-assembler?

I have a client who is using Deplhi application. They have the EXE file but
not the code and would like to continue developing it.

Is there any way to recover the Pascal code from an EXE file

Thanks,

dimitar
dimitarg@websyn.com

Comments

• : I have a client who is using Deplhi application. They have the EXE file but
    : not the code and would like to continue developing it.
    :
    : Is there any way to recover the Pascal code from an EXE file
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : dimitar
    : dimitarg@websyn.com
    :
    :
    :

dis assemble = get assembly code... not pascal code..

• : : I have a client who is using Deplhi application. They have the EXE file but
    : : not the code and would like to continue developing it.
    : :
    : : Is there any way to recover the Pascal code from an EXE file
    : : Thanks,
    : : dimitar
    : : dimitarg@websyn.com
    :
    : dis assemble = get assembly code... not pascal code..
    :
    :

I know I phrased the question wrong. but you still haven't answered my question.

• : : : I have a client who is using Deplhi application. They have the EXE file but
    : : : not the code and would like to continue developing it.
    : : :
    : : : Is there any way to recover the Pascal code from an EXE file
    : : : Thanks,
    : : : dimitar
    : : : dimitarg@websyn.com
    : : dis assemble = get assembly code... not pascal code..
    :
    : I know I phrased the question wrong. but you still haven't answered my question.
    :
    :

What you want is a decompiler, and Ive never heard of one before. But then Ive never looked so maybe one does exist...I highly doubt it tho.

• no you can't dis assemble and get anything but assembly.

Yes there are decompilers but only for languages where this is possible, I don't think delphi is one of them.

• Hello!

Sometimes you lose your sourcecode from very old programs (it happened to me also) and then you are happy about such tools. But I hope you know that disassembling/decompiling programs not written by you is [b]not legal[/b].

Look at this site http://www.homepages.at/sweety/toolz/disassemblers.htm or go to a search engine and search for "disassembler, decompiler".

• actualy, if you own the program you can decompile, crack modify and recompile it EXACTLY like you want to. There are a lot of rules about not reselling/giving away and stuff like that though.

• : actualy, if you own the program you can decompile, crack modify and recompile it EXACTLY like you want to. There are a lot of rules about not reselling/giving away and stuff like that though.
    :

Thats not true. Most license agreements strictly forbid the reverse engineering of the program. Of course if you dont resell/give it away, no one will know you did it. But that doesnt make it any more legal.

• Hi, check this article:

Decompiling Delphi
    http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa121200a.htm
    Whispering about reverse engineering Delphi applications: 'I have a Delphi program's .exe, can I decompile it and get the source?'