Is anyone familiar with the extensions .chd or .lvl

These extensions can be found in Microsofts Ants. My guess is the ants.chd is similiar to Doom.wad, Quake.pak or descent.hog. I know Descent has *.lvl files but I don't think its the same map format microsoft uses. Has microsoft taken an industry standard format and encrypted it to there own standards or is this some new proprietary format. If anyone has knowledge of these file extensions please comment. Or if you know of any editors to examine the contents of these files that would be even better. Personally I've tried hex editing the *.lvl files to no success. The only useful information I've gathered is the *.chd file contains some .bmp data. Thanks to all responses.

Comments

• : These extensions can be found in Microsofts Ants. My guess is the ants.chd is similiar to Doom.wad, Quake.pak or descent.hog. I know Descent has *.lvl files but I don't think its the same map format microsoft uses. Has microsoft taken an industry standard format and encrypted it to there own standards or is this some new proprietary format. If anyone has knowledge of these file extensions please comment. Or if you know of any editors to examine the contents of these files that would be even better. Personally I've tried hex editing the *.lvl files to no success. The only useful information I've gathered is the *.chd file contains some .bmp data. Thanks to all responses.

Goto www.wotsit.org/. They have a lot of information on file extensions.

-Xotor-