RSXNTDJ...

I noticed that Xotor mentioned something about RSXNTDJ. I got an impression that it'll "enable" windows programming with DJGPP...

Did I understand right? And where I could get that file (I haven't searched it yet, I'll start when I have posted this message)

-Sepi

Comments

• : I noticed that Xotor mentioned something about RSXNTDJ. I got an impression that it'll "enable" windows programming with DJGPP...

: Did I understand right? And where I could get that file (I haven't searched it yet, I'll start when I have posted this message)

RSXNTDJ doesn't enable it, it just contains all the libraries, an IDE, a linker, and other such things that work on top of DJGPP to produce Win32/16 programs. I personally don't use it, though I have downloaded it. You may try LCC too. I've heard that it is comparable or better than VC++. Link: http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/

-Xotor-

• : RSXNTDJ doesn't enable it, it just contains all the libraries, an IDE, a linker, and other such things that work on top of DJGPP to produce Win32/16 programs. I personally don't use it, though I have downloaded it. You may try LCC too. I've heard that it is comparable or better than VC++. Link: http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/

I have used LCC, compiler is good but it's IDE doesn't suit for me... So if I could do my editing with RHIDE, I'd be very happy.

Biggest problem with LCC:s ide is lack of help files, there is no help about any function. (Eg. who does remember what arguments strtol() function needs) So I must keep RHIDE running on the backround...

Btw. I found RSXNTDJ from net.

-Sepi

• : : RSXNTDJ doesn't enable it, it just contains all the libraries, an IDE, a linker, and other such things that work on top of DJGPP to produce Win32/16 programs. I personally don't use it, though I have downloaded it. You may try LCC too. I've heard that it is comparable or better than VC++. Link: http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/

: I have used LCC, compiler is good but it's IDE doesn't suit for me... So if I could do my editing with RHIDE, I'd be very happy.

: Biggest problem with LCC:s ide is lack of help files, there is no help about any function. (Eg. who does remember what arguments strtol() function needs) So I must keep RHIDE running on the backround...

: Btw. I found RSXNTDJ from net.

: -Sepi

I'm not really sure if RSXNTDJ has help files either. I didn't mind LCC's IDE, but yeah, the help files would've been "helpful". I'd suggest just getting a cheap copy of VC++ 5.0 or 6.0, it's only like $50..

-Xotor-

• : I'm not really sure if RSXNTDJ has help files either. I didn't mind LCC's IDE, but yeah, the help files would've been "helpful". I'd suggest just getting a cheap copy of VC++ 5.0 or 6.0, it's only like $50..

..wich is lot of money for a student (whose tax precent is 20%).

But, where I could get so "cheap" VC++? Cheapest which I have seen was about 1000$ - Haven't looked on any catalog for a while.

-Sepi

• : : I'm not really sure if RSXNTDJ has help files either. I didn't mind LCC's IDE, but yeah, the help files would've been "helpful". I'd suggest just getting a cheap copy of VC++ 5.0 or 6.0, it's only like $50..

: ..wich is lot of money for a student (whose tax precent is 20%).

: But, where I could get so "cheap" VC++? Cheapest which I have seen was about 1000$ - Haven't looked on any catalog for a while.

: -Sepi

Oh you're referring to Dev Studio. That contains VB, VC++, and a number of other programming stuff. That costs about $500-$1000. VC++ alone however isn't too expensive (well expensive IS relative).

However LCC is probably the closest thing you can get to VC++ for free. However it doesn't have a good help referrence. You may look to the web for help with that.

-Xotor-

• : : : I'm not really sure if RSXNTDJ has help files either. I didn't mind LCC's IDE, but yeah, the help files would've been "helpful". I'd suggest just getting a cheap copy of VC++ 5.0 or 6.0, it's only like $50..

: : ..wich is lot of money for a student (whose tax precent is 20%).

: : But, where I could get so "cheap" VC++? Cheapest which I have seen was about 1000$ - Haven't looked on any catalog for a while.

: : -Sepi

: Oh you're referring to Dev Studio. That contains VB, VC++, and a number of other programming stuff. That costs about $500-$1000. VC++ alone however isn't too expensive (well expensive IS relative).

: However LCC is probably the closest thing you can get to VC++ for free. However it doesn't have a good help referrence. You may look to the web for help with that.

: -Xotor-

Heh.. I've got to remember to use my alias, not my real name.

-Xotor-

• : Heh.. I've got to remember to use my alias, not my real name.

: -Xotor-

:)

That could be a good idea...

-Sepi