need help in displaying pictures in turbo c++ 3.0

please help me display a *.bmp or *.pcx or *.jpg or *.gif
in turbo c++ 3.0,
I've downloaded many source codes but they don't work,
I just need a simple way to display any of the formats,
I don't need the advanced options which are provided in most of the sourcecodes.
send me a sourcecode with documantion and an example.
please help me.

Comments

• Go to www.brackeen.com/home/vga

It only has a documentation on .bmp files. But it has how to go into mode 13h, double buffering, page flipping, Mode X (unchained), displaying .bmp files, and plotting pixels.

• Go to www.brackeen.com/home/vga

It only has a documentation on .bmp files. But it has how to go into mode 13h, double buffering, page flipping, Mode X (unchained), displaying .bmp files, and plotting pixels.

• : Go to www.brackeen.com/home/vga
    :
    : It only has a documentation on .bmp files. But it has how to go into mode 13h, double buffering, page flipping, Mode X (unchained), displaying .bmp files, and plotting pixels.
    :
    hay fatal error
    you have same problem s me.
    i read your other post.
    you are just like me?
    are you indian?

• Hey gopoo,
    It's fatal error.
    I'm not Indian, actually I'm from Israel.
    and yes I probally have the same problem you have:
    I want to display images in DOS using Turbo C++,
    using the link which was posted by frenchfry164
    I have displayed *.bmp in resolution: 320x200 and 256 colors.
    but I wasn't really satisfied from the quality, the quality really sucks!!!,so now I'm trying to find a simple source code which will display *.jpg files with a better resoultion and more colors.

I've found several source codes for that, they are in the Graphics section of this site, but still I've got lots of errors when I've tryied to compile them.

If I find a source code which will display *.jpg or any other format in a good quality I promise that I'll send you the link.
    I ask you to do the same thing for me too.thanks.

• : Hey gopoo,
    : It's fatal error.
    : I'm not Indian, actually I'm from Israel.
    : and yes I probally have the same problem you have:
    : I want to display images in DOS using Turbo C++,
    : using the link which was posted by frenchfry164
    : I have displayed *.bmp in resolution: 320x200 and 256 colors.
    : but I wasn't really satisfied from the quality, the quality really sucks!!!,so now I'm trying to find a simple source code which will display *.jpg files with a better resoultion and more colors.
    :
    : I've found several source codes for that, they are in the Graphics section of this site, but still I've got lots of errors when I've tryied to compile them.
    :
    : If I find a source code which will display *.jpg or any other format in a good quality I promise that I'll send you the link.
    : I ask you to do the same thing for me too.thanks.
    :
    :
    :
    : try it in www.funducode.com
    or
    in www.wrox.com
    when i find i i will also send you.
    good luck

• : I have displayed *.bmp in resolution: 320x200 and 256 colors.
    : but I wasn't really satisfied from the quality, the quality really sucks!!!,so now I'm trying to find a simple source code which will display *.jpg files with a better resoultion and more colors.

Hi,

I think in Alex Dos Russles game programming tutorials he loads a pcx file. I think the quality might be a little better than what you are obtaining now. You won't get very high details because the mode has only 256 colors. I think a lot of details from jpg will be lost.

Here is the link
    http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/alexander_russell/course/introduction.htm