Graphical Programming in Borland C++ 3.1

Hello,

i am from Germany, so my English is not the best, but I have a question.

How can I work with higher resolutions und more colors under BC++3.1 under DOS.

Because I have see a lot of Sources and programs using some asm to get the solution.

I would be happy, when somebody can tell me where I can get a tut about using asm in BC++3.1.

For best in German language.

thank you all

cu

justce

Comments

• : Hello,
    : i am from Germany, so my English is not the best, but I have a question.

Hi, i am from Indonesia, so my english is not to good either, but i think if you allow me, I can give you a little bit explanation about graphics programming using Borland C++3.1 under DOS, but it is also I will give you code in assembly and the explanation is in English because i cannot speak German (Sorry if I miss spell it) but I promise that I will try to explain the code step by step so that you can finally fully understand it.
    Well if you agree with me just email me at [email protected]

Regards,

Stephen

• Hello,
    I've read the message concerning the source code in asm which you promised to send to someone else here.
    can you send it to me too?,
    please do it.

• : Hello,
    : I've read the message concerning the source code in asm which you promised to send to someone else here.
    : can you send it to me too?,
    : please do it.
    :
    :
    OK, I will send the code but I need a few time to prepare the code, so that I do not have to make them over and over for different persons, I'll try to finish it as fast as I can, please wait for maybe a day or two
    Well till then....

regards,

Stephen

• why don't you send it here? others would come
    and look at your code and get information.

[size=5][color=ff0000] SHARE INFORMATION [/color][/size]

: : Hello,
    : : I've read the message concerning the source code in asm which you promised to send to someone else here.
    : : can you send it to me too?,
    : : please do it.
    : :
    : :
    : OK, I will send the code but I need a few time to prepare the code, so that I do not have to make them over and over for different persons, I'll try to finish it as fast as I can, please wait for maybe a day or two
    : Well till then....
    :
    : regards,
    :
    : Stephen
    :
    :

• im working on djgpp but I think you could do the same with borland...

code for setting new mode>

union REGS regs;
    asm{
    regs.x.ax = 0x4F02;
    regs.x.bx = mode; // 640x480x16bit is 0x111
    int(0x10, &regs, &regs);
    }

this is how I think it looks like in borland, but Im not sure... but you should probally understand it anyway...

Search on google> borland c++ vesa modes