Record level locking in access 2000 databases on the network

I have 6 users on a access2000 database (mdb file)
The database is stored on a server and the users are working on the clients.I made shortcuts from the clients to the database on the server.Daily when the users are working on the database from time to time(6 to 8 times daily)they got problems with adding records....for a while none of the 6 users can work...the database is then blocked for some reason.

Please advise what I can do to solve this problem......

Comments

• : I have 6 users on a access2000 database (mdb file)
    : The database is stored on a server and the users are working on the clients.I made shortcuts from the clients to the database on the server.Daily when the users are working on the database from time to time(6 to 8 times daily)they got problems with adding records....for a while none of the 6 users can work...the database is then blocked for some reason.
    :
    : Please advise what I can do to solve this problem......
    :
    Yep. I've seen this one thousands of times. Well, firs thing is to check record locking on your form and make sure it's 'No record locking'. Check to see if the form is based on a table or Query. it should be query. try to add a record by yourself, when noone else is working with the database. see what it does. let me know what happened. if noone of the above worked, then we'll have to just split the database. that will most likely solve your problem.