waht are snes games programmed in and where can i learn the language

can someone tell me what snes games are programmed in and where can i learn the language from.
thanx ":-)"

Comments

• : can someone tell me what snes games are programmed in and where can i learn the language from.
    : thanx ":-)"
    :

Well, I am not sure but i think it was done is assembly.

You can learn it from a book or online tutorials(just search for art of assembly) :-)
  • : : can someone tell me what snes games are programmed in and where can i learn the language from.
    : : thanx ":-)"
    : :
    :
    : Well, I am not sure but i think it was done is assembly.
    :
    : You can learn it from a book or online tutorials(just search for art of assembly) :-)
    :
    I thought Art of Assembly was about 386 asm.

Go to www.zophar.net and in the snes section, there is a manual for the 65816 and for the snes.
  • : can someone tell me what snes games are programmed in and where can i learn the language from.
    : thanx ":-)"
    :

The games are probably programmed in C/C++, however, they probably use a cross compiler to compile the program to fit the SNES processor. The Art of Assembly is for the x86 processor, however, the concepts it presents are the same for all processors. However, you don't really need to know assembly to program a game for a console if you can find a cross compiler with a basic library. However, why bother trying to program for the SNES. Hopefully your computer is a bit stronger than that, programming for the SNES will require you to get some hardware or an emulator, the SNES is an outdated system so once you did learn it what would you do with that knowledge, programming using DirectX or OpenGL on a computer will give you knowledge that is and will remain useful for a time to come, and finally there's nothing you can do on the SNES that you can't do better on a computer.

"There's no such thing as Hell, but you can make it if you try".
    -Prove It, Bad Religion

• I've written a few snes games, but never in c/c++. The architecture of the beast would make it difficult I think, as you need to swith code/ram banks and the like, as well as moving zero-page around. All this probably sounds a bit complex but I think to make good of a rather slow ( but ok for its time ) cpu, you need to fettle with its internals to get some decent poke out of it. Infact, the 65816 is a bit like a risc cpu, without the speed :/
    Anyway, 65816 is the language your looking for :)

: and finally there's nothing you can do on the SNES that you can't do better on a computer.

Snes is a computer isn't it ? Snes also has hardware full screen rotate & scale 256X256 8 bit character based and can do it in one clock cycle. Which is something you cant do on a 'computer'