Writing a programming language.

I need to know what language would be best for re-writing a programing language. I want to re-make a basic language written for dos, and make it for windows. Or if possible make a front end for windows. Im thinking Visual C but Im not sure as I've never done this sort of thing before. Any Suggestions?

Comments

• : I need to know what language would be best for re-writing a programing language. I want to re-make a basic language written for dos, and make it for windows. Or if possible make a front end for windows. Im thinking Visual C but Im not sure as I've never done this sort of thing before. Any Suggestions?
    :
    A compiler or interpreter can be written in any language. I believe most are written in C, but use whatever development language you're most comfortable with. If you have source code for the language you want to re-write, just use whatever language it's written in. There is source code on the net for many languages.

• : : I need to know what language would be best for re-writing a programing language. I want to re-make a basic language written for dos, and make it for windows. Or if possible make a front end for windows. Im thinking Visual C but Im not sure as I've never done this sort of thing before. Any Suggestions?
    : :
    : A compiler or interpreter can be written in any language. I believe most are written in C, but use whatever development language you're most comfortable with. If you have source code for the language you want to re-write, just use whatever language it's written in. There is source code on the net for many languages.
    :
    :

Do you wanna do this because you want to rewrite the language or do you want to learn compiler design?

"There's no such thing as Hell, but you can make it if you try".
    -Prove It, Bad Religion

• : Do you wanna do this because you want to rewrite the language or do you want to learn compiler design?
    :
    : "There's no such thing as Hell, but you can make it if you try".
    : -Prove It, Bad Religion
    :
    :

Well, I started out because I wanted to just make a front end.
    Just to make it easier to use. But since then alot has changed.
    Im planning now on rewritting the language, and learning more about compiler design. Funny how one small project turned into
    complete rewrite.