I go crazy.... At work I managed to install Indy Indy_9_00_17 into our Borland C++ Builder 6 and built several programs.
When I try to install the same package on my computer at home I get an error:
"Det går inte att hitta procedurstartadressen @Idresourcestring@_RSBindingAny i DLL-filen Indy60.bpl"
This is swedish and means something like this:
"Can't find procedurestartadres @Idresourcestring@_RSBindingAny in DLL-file Indy60.bpl"
When searching on this error I found some entries in forums from people with the same experience,
the general answer to this error is "You have not removed the old version of Indy"
But I have... I've tried anyway. These are the instructions I followed:
"How do I install Indy into Borland C++ Builder?
• Close the Borland C++ Builder IDE if it is open.
• Temporarily copy IDPAS32.obj (C:\Program\Borland\CBuilder6\Source\vcl) to a temporary directory. You do not want to delete that file because it is NOT part of the Indy package.
• Remove all Indy files including dclindy*.bpl, dclindy.*, indy*.lib, id*.pas, id*.hpp, id*.obj, and id*.dcu. Take care that you only remove the old Indy files and not something else. Be sure that you also remove any indy*.bpl from your Windows\System32 directory.
• Restore IDPAS32.obj from the temporary directory you created earlier to the directory where it was originally located.
• Remove all old Indy Help files, indy.*, from the Help subdirectory and replace them with the new ones.
(indy.hlp, indy.cnt, indy.toc)
• Place the new version of Indy in a directory of your choice. When unzipping, please keep the \source directory for the archive intact because that is used by some build batch files.
• In the source directory, there are several batch files. Run the appropriate one for your version of Borland C++ Builder:
• FULLC4.BAT - Borland C++ Builder 4
• FULLC5.BAT - Borland C++ Builder 5
• FULLC6.BAT - Borland C++ Builder 6
• These batch files create subdirectories in the main Indy directory folder. They are (C4 for C++Builder 4, C5 for C+Builder 5, and C6 for C++Builder 6). These directories contain:
• The Indy .DCU files
• The Indy .HPP files
• The Indy .LIB file
• The Indy .OBJ files
• The Indy Design-Time .BPL
• Open the Borland C++ Builder IDE.
• *In your C++Builder IDE, add the Indy design-time package with Component|Install Package...|Add... Go to the subdirectory where the Indy .DCU's and Design-Time .BPL was placed by the batch file. Add the Design-Time .BPL that is listed. It usually is named dclIndy followed by the Borland C++ Builder version and an 0.
• Add the path where the .DCU's are located to your environment. Do this with Tools|Environment Options...|Library...|Library Path...
• Add the path where the .HPP's are located to your project. Do this with Project|Options|Directories|Conditionals|Include path. Check the box Default and click OK to save this setting. "
* This is what causes the error... I can't install the package.
Before I started this procedures I removed the package that came with my Builder. I've tried this process four times now, re-installed Builder and tried.. same result.
Does anyone have any directions at what I have missed?
Regards, Robert from SWEDEN