The Principal Investigator (PI) has primary responsibility for the creation of research and development
proposals and authority over the execution of projects including research outcomes, engineering accomplishments, transition and budget oversight. Publishes study results as first author or co-author.
This position requires personal initiative to accomplish technological innovation and creativity in support
of new business development. PI serves as the primary programmatic liaison with the sponsor.
We are currently seeking PIs for multiple business areas at SoarTech. Those business areas are as follows.
Intelligent Training Systems and Serious Games:
• Individualized game-based training: intelligent tutoring systems, student assessment, student
modeling, design and development of serious games, and related topics
• AI for games: tactical behavior modeling, human social cultural behavior modeling, and related
Unmanned Platforms and Robotics:
• Autonomy: intelligence for autonomy; strategic, mission, and tactical behavior modeling; world
modeling; and related topics.
• Human-machine interaction: development of intuitive, multi-modal interfaces; shared situation
awareness; and related topics
Data to Decisions:
• Synergistic human-computer systems: hybrid reasoning, abductive reasoning, supervised
learning, computer cognition, graph theory, pattern recognition, and related topics