Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

GLUT and BCC32

etlusketlusk Member Posts: 168
Is anybody using glut and BCC32?
I have tried, but something isn't right.

I have 2 machines, 1 PENT 133mh (WIN98) and PENT 2 600mh(WINME). Precompiled programs work. But when I compile a program (yep, it compiles alright) and run it, I get the "YOUR PROGRAM IS SCREWED" box.

I redownloaded, reinstalled, reconfigured and I'm still at a loss.

Any ideas?

[email protected]

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Hi,

Never got such errors with glut and bcc32. However I could compile only C files.

But I definitely I have never come across "Your Program is screwed" box.
    Are you sure the message box "Your program....." is not in your code perhaps and not glut or bcc32.

: Is anybody using glut and BCC32?
    : I have tried, but something isn't right.
    :
    : I have 2 machines, 1 PENT 133mh (WIN98) and PENT 2 600mh(WINME). Precompiled programs work. But when I compile a program (yep, it compiles alright) and run it, I get the "YOUR PROGRAM IS SCREWED" box.
    :
    : I redownloaded, reinstalled, reconfigured and I'm still at a loss.
    :
    : Any ideas?
    :
    : [email protected]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• etlusketlusk Member Posts: 168
    Well, unless the example programs I have gotten have errors in them, it has to be something else. I haven't written anything because I can't get other people's code to compile and run.
    Since you're having good luck with it, send me an example and a make file(so I can check the switches). And while you're at it, send me the lib files, maybe IMPLIB is making bum libs.

Thanks
    Any help would truly be welcome.
    [email protected]

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Hi,

I don't use glut anymore - this was almost a 7-8 months ago. I don't have glut libs anymore as I seem to like SDL more for portability and I seem to be managing well enough even without SDL/glut with Win32 and Xlib. If your implib is screwed I suggest you download the borland free command line tools again. Why don't you get the codes for the red book(Opengl programming guide) and try again, maybe the example programs you have might have message box's like that.

: Well, unless the example programs I have gotten have errors in them, it has to be something else. I haven't written anything because I can't get other people's code to compile and run.
    : Since you're having good luck with it, send me an example and a make file(so I can check the switches). And while you're at it, send me the lib files, maybe IMPLIB is making bum libs.
    :
    : Thanks
    : Any help would truly be welcome.
    : [email protected]
    :
    :
    :
    :

• etlusketlusk Member Posts: 168
    Bad switch in the make file. I copied it from the DX8 directory and over looked the -tW.
    It all works now.

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_________ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about \ Visual Basic MATLAB PHP PL/SQL Go Java R Objective-C JavaScript C# Swift Python Scratch Assembly C C++ Visual Basic .NET Delphi Perl Ruby F# Lisp COBOL Lua Fortran Transact-SQL Scala Ada Julia Kotlin SAS LabVIEW ABAP Rust Scheme Hack D Prolog VBScript Erlang Apex Alice Clojure Crystal ML Awk Logo Dart FoxPro Bash \ ____________