Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help with error message. What in the world??

bobby r.bobby r. Member Posts: 8
Hello, I am trying to write a program that the allows the user to select the segment and offset of a memory location and display 32 bits of the memory there. I put together some code and assembled and linked it. it allows the user to enter the segment and offset, but then it says:
FCB unavailable
abort, fail?

what does this mean? I would appreciate any help, I can post my code if anyone is interested (i doubt it) :)

thanks

Comments

• blipblip Member Posts: 756
    Did you remember to put ORG 100h in your source? If you didn't, you could be overwriting FCB info about your program that DOS put in the PSP.
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

______ / http://forcoder.org / free video tutorials and ebooks about || Perl Delphi C Visual Basic .NET Scratch Assembly PHP Go Java PL/SQL JavaScript Python Visual Basic C++ C# MATLAB Swift Ruby R Objective-C D Awk Kotlin Logo Scala Bash Erlang Lisp ABAP Rust Apex Prolog Lua Hack Scheme ML VBScript Ada Alice Transact-SQL FoxPro LabVIEW Clojure SAS Crystal COBOL Julia Fortran Dart F# || ___________