Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hard drive question....

I'm re-building a stand-up arcade game and I'm having a little trouble with the harddrive.

What I'm trying to do is take the existing harddrive and copy the information to a new one and then install it in the cabinet.

I'm running Windows 98.

When I hook up the drive from the game to my computer and put it in slave mode, Windows detects it fine. But, when I do an FDISK on the drive it says that it's non-dos.

Does anyone know of a way I can transfer the information over??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chappyfade

Comments

• korkor Member Posts: 198
    : I'm re-building a stand-up arcade game and I'm having a little trouble with the harddrive.
    :
    : What I'm trying to do is take the existing harddrive and copy the information to a new one and then install it in the cabinet.
    :
    : I'm running Windows 98.
    :
    : When I hook up the drive from the game to my computer and put it in slave mode, Windows detects it fine. But, when I do an FDISK on the drive it says that it's non-dos.
    :
    : Does anyone know of a way I can transfer the information over??
    :
    :
    : Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    :
    : Chappyfade
    :
    Couple ideas, all involve a decent operating system. No, windows isn't, try a unix or linux...
    It's not a dos drive, most things aren't. You can simply use dd to copy everything from the one drive to the other, format non-specific.
    If it can be mounted by *nix, which can mount most formats, you can probably copy the files over to a new drive formatted the same, if in fact it uses a standard formatting and sector locations of files doesn't matter.