Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Printing a TDrawGrid

I have written a picture viewer (Delphi 6 Pro) and found Drawgrid to be ideal as a method of collecting the vaious bitmaps I wish to display, and presenting it on the screen.

Now I would like to print this (using QuickReport) by copying the whole drawgrid canvas into a QRImage component.

Unfortunately, the Drawgrid doesn't seem to have a Canvas.bitmap property, so I can't copy it it using a command like...

[code]QRImage1.Canvas.Draw(0,0,Drawgrid.Canvas.???[/code]

Can anyone suggest how I might copy my Drawgrid canvas into Quickreport ?

many thanks
Gazza

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I have written a picture viewer (Delphi 6 Pro) and found Drawgrid to be ideal as a method of collecting the vaious bitmaps I wish to display, and presenting it on the screen.
    :
    : Now I would like to print this (using QuickReport) by copying the whole drawgrid canvas into a QRImage component.
    :
    : Unfortunately, the Drawgrid doesn't seem to have a Canvas.bitmap property, so I can't copy it it using a command like...
    :
    : [code]QRImage1.Canvas.Draw(0,0,Drawgrid.Canvas.???[/code]
    :
    : Can anyone suggest how I might copy my Drawgrid canvas into Quickreport ?
    :
    : many thanks
    : Gazza
    :
    Try the Assign()ing the grid's canvas to the report canvas.
  • GarryPaxtonGarryPaxton Member Posts: 66
    : : I have written a picture viewer (Delphi 6 Pro) and found Drawgrid to be ideal as a method of collecting the vaious bitmaps I wish to display, and presenting it on the screen.
    : :
    : : Now I would like to print this (using QuickReport) by copying the whole drawgrid canvas into a QRImage component.
    : : Unfortunately, the Drawgrid doesn't seem to have a Canvas.bitmap property, so I can't copy it it using a command like...
    : : [code]QRImage1.Canvas.Draw(0,0,Drawgrid.Canvas.???[/code]
    : : Can anyone suggest how I might copy my Drawgrid canvas into Quickreport ?
    : : many thanks
    : : Gazza
    : Try the Assign()ing the grid's canvas to the report canvas.
    :

Did I understand this correctly ? I tried...
    [code] QRImage.Canvas.Assign(Drawgrid.Canvas) [/code]

Compiles ok, but get error msg at run time....
    EConvertError...'Cannot assign a TControlCanvas to a TBitmapCanvas'
  • zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : : : I have written a picture viewer (Delphi 6 Pro) and found Drawgrid to be ideal as a method of collecting the vaious bitmaps I wish to display, and presenting it on the screen.
    : : :
    : : : Now I would like to print this (using QuickReport) by copying the whole drawgrid canvas into a QRImage component.
    : : : Unfortunately, the Drawgrid doesn't seem to have a Canvas.bitmap property, so I can't copy it it using a command like...
    : : : [code]QRImage1.Canvas.Draw(0,0,Drawgrid.Canvas.???[/code]
    : : : Can anyone suggest how I might copy my Drawgrid canvas into Quickreport ?
    : : : many thanks
    : : : Gazza
    : : Try the Assign()ing the grid's canvas to the report canvas.
    :
    :
    : Did I understand this correctly ? I tried...
    : [code] QRImage.Canvas.Assign(Drawgrid.Canvas) [/code]
    :
    : Compiles ok, but get error msg at run time....
    : EConvertError...'Cannot assign a TControlCanvas to a TBitmapCanvas'
    :
    That was the idea, but looking at the source-code of the various TCanvas objects I just now realized that it is impossible to assign canvases to eachother.
    You can also try to use CopyRect() to copy the grid into the report.