Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Responding to scrolling of the main form

When I choose to resize the visible window of my app, scrollbars automatically appear, of course.

However, I would like to re-position one of the controls so that it is always visible, no matter where the window is scrolled.

Is there an event (for TForm or Screen, perhaps) that I can use, so that I can identify the current portion of the main form now visible, and use the info to position the desired control (via its .left and .top property) ?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : When I choose to resize the visible window of my app, scrollbars automatically appear, of course.
    :
    : However, I would like to re-position one of the controls so that it is always visible, no matter where the window is scrolled.
    :
    : Is there an event (for TForm or Screen, perhaps) that I can use, so that I can identify the current portion of the main form now visible, and use the info to position the desired control (via its .left and .top property) ?
    :
    :
    :
    You can use the Anchors property for that. Earlier versions of Delphi didn't feature the Anchors property, so you needed to calculate the position in the OnResize() event.