Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

I need help pls

Hy,

I have to make program for Videoshop. I use Visual Basic and Access. Database has tables: members, films, maintable. In members table are stored id, name, address etc. of every member, in films are stored id, name, number of copies etc. of tapes/dvd, in maintable are stored other datas: id and name of member, id and name of tape/dvd, first date (when somebody take tape/dvd). Here is a problem. I can make this but i have there is problem if some member takes more tapes/dvds. Example: some member takes 4 tapes. how can I realise this. Please I am total newbie.

Sorry for bad english.

Ernad B.

Comments

• Daniel_JohnsDaniel_Johns Member Posts: 18
    : Hy,
    :
    : I have to make program for Videoshop. I use Visual Basic and Access. Database has tables: members, films, maintable. In members table are stored id, name, address etc. of every member, in films are stored id, name, number of copies etc. of tapes/dvd, in maintable are stored other datas: id and name of member, id and name of tape/dvd, first date (when somebody take tape/dvd). Here is a problem. I can make this but i have there is problem if some member takes more tapes/dvds. Example: some member takes 4 tapes. how can I realise this. Please I am total newbie.
    :
    : Sorry for bad english.
    :
    : Ernad B.
    :

well, this is really a work for relational db...anywayz...for a efficient db (one that is normalized...i bet you know 'bout normalization and stuff) try having another table for the inventory of your CD/VHS/DVD...and another table for the in/out transactions of your rented/returned stuff...

<<--U gona w8 hir FATBOY -- w8 til 2morow! -->>

• ernadernad Member Posts: 46
    : : Hy,
    : :
    : : I have to make program for Videoshop. I use Visual Basic and Access. Database has tables: members, films, maintable. In members table are stored id, name, address etc. of every member, in films are stored id, name, number of copies etc. of tapes/dvd, in maintable are stored other datas: id and name of member, id and name of tape/dvd, first date (when somebody take tape/dvd). Here is a problem. I can make this but i have there is problem if some member takes more tapes/dvds. Example: some member takes 4 tapes. how can I realise this. Please I am total newbie.
    : : Sorry for bad english.
    : : Ernad B.
    :
    : well, this is really a work for relational db...anywayz...for a efficient db (one that is normalized...i bet you know 'bout normalization and stuff) try having another table for the inventory of your CD/VHS/DVD...and another table for the in/out transactions of your rented/returned stuff...
    :
    :
    :
    : <<--U gona w8 hir FATBOY -- w8 til 2morow! -->>
    :
    :
    thanx but I know that. I have 3 tables: members, tapes and manage. In this manage table I can write only one tape. If I use one more table eg. issued_movies and make relatzionsheep between manage and this table I can do this. It is not so simple. I need to write/read data from that table. I know what to do in Access but I can make this all in VB. Thanx
    Ernad B.

• Daniel_JohnsDaniel_Johns Member Posts: 18
    : : : Hy,
    : : :
    : : : I have to make program for Videoshop. I use Visual Basic and Access. Database has tables: members, films, maintable. In members table are stored id, name, address etc. of every member, in films are stored id, name, number of copies etc. of tapes/dvd, in maintable are stored other datas: id and name of member, id and name of tape/dvd, first date (when somebody take tape/dvd). Here is a problem. I can make this but i have there is problem if some member takes more tapes/dvds. Example: some member takes 4 tapes. how can I realise this. Please I am total newbie.
    : : : Sorry for bad english.
    : : : Ernad B.
    : : well, this is really a work for relational db...anywayz...for a efficient db (one that is normalized...i bet you know 'bout normalization and stuff) try having another table for the inventory of your CD/VHS/DVD...and another table for the in/out transactions of your rented/returned stuff...
    : : <<--U gona w8 hir FATBOY -- w8 til 2morow! -->>
    : thanx but I know that. I have 3 tables: members, tapes and manage. In this manage table I can write only one tape. If I use one more table eg. issued_movies and make relatzionsheep between manage and this table I can do this. It is not so simple. I need to write/read data from that table. I know what to do in Access but I can make this all in VB. Thanx
    : Ernad B.
    :
    :

Did you set the referential integrity to true? or did you cascade update and delete? if you do, there's a little less problem of your work. and, are you using an autonumber field? it makes update/delete a little more easy...kindly specify all you fields and tables...

<<--U gona w8 hir FATBOY -- w8 til 2morow! -->>

• Barkat PathanBarkat Pathan Member Posts: 6
    In vb form you need to retrieve data from parent Table and on the same form make a grid; in this grid u can put child data which here u saying transaction of CD/Cassettes etc. made by customer. Now you have to make coding to enter, delete and navigate data of this grid. This is very simple u try u will get it : : : : Hy,
    : : : :
    : : : : I have to make program for Videoshop. I use Visual Basic and Access. Database has tables: members, films, maintable. In members table are stored id, name, address etc. of every member, in films are stored id, name, number of copies etc. of tapes/dvd, in maintable are stored other datas: id and name of member, id and name of tape/dvd, first date (when somebody take tape/dvd). Here is a problem. I can make this but i have there is problem if some member takes more tapes/dvds. Example: some member takes 4 tapes. how can I realise this. Please I am total newbie.
    : : : : Sorry for bad english.
    : : : : Ernad B.
    : : : well, this is really a work for relational db...anywayz...for a efficient db (one that is normalized...i bet you know 'bout normalization and stuff) try having another table for the inventory of your CD/VHS/DVD...and another table for the in/out transactions of your rented/returned stuff...
    : : : <<--U gona w8 hir FATBOY -- w8 til 2morow! -->>
    : : thanx but I know that. I have 3 tables: members, tapes and manage. In this manage table I can write only one tape. If I use one more table eg. issued_movies and make relatzionsheep between manage and this table I can do this. It is not so simple. I need to write/read data from that table. I know what to do in Access but I can make this all in VB. Thanx
    : : Ernad B.
    :
    : Did you set the referential integrity to true? or did you cascade update and delete? if you do, there's a little less problem of your work. and, are you using an autonumber field? it makes update/delete a little more easy...kindly specify all you fields and tables...
    :
    :
    :
    : <<--U gona w8 hir FATBOY -- w8 til 2morow! -->>
    :
    :