Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

DAO and Access

My application uses "Microsoft DAO 3.51 Object Library" and my databases are in Acess97 but when i try to access a Microsoft Access2000 database, an error occurs because the database is not recognized. I really need to change the program databases to Access2000 and it would be a great mount of trouble to start using ADO, so i must keep DAO. Is there a way to maintain the source code as it is now and make it possible to use the databases in Access2000? I would really thanks your help because this is an enterprise application.

My thanks in advance

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Member Posts: 617
    : My application uses "Microsoft DAO 3.51 Object Library" and my databases are in Acess97 but when i try to access a Microsoft Access2000 database, an error occurs because the database is not recognized. I really need to change the program databases to Access2000 and it would be a great mount of trouble to start using ADO, so i must keep DAO. Is there a way to maintain the source code as it is now and make it possible to use the databases in Access2000? I would really thanks your help because this is an enterprise application.
    :
    : My thanks in advance
    :

Well I'm not familier with DAO access, so how do you connect with DAO do you still have to use a Connection string - connection object? if so could you post the code, as connection string's are often responsible for being unable to access database information.
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• rickratrickrat Member Posts: 55
    : : My application uses "Microsoft DAO 3.51 Object Library" and my databases are in Acess97 but when i try to access a Microsoft Access2000 database, an error occurs because the database is not recognized. I really need to change the program databases to Access2000 and it would be a great mount of trouble to start using ADO, so i must keep DAO. Is there a way to maintain the source code as it is now and make it possible to use the databases in Access2000? I would really thanks your help because this is an enterprise application.
    : :
    : : My thanks in advance
    : :
    :
    :
    : Well I'm not familier with DAO access, so how do you connect with DAO do you still have to use a Connection string - connection object? if so could you post the code, as connection string's are often responsible for being unable to access database information.
    : [blue]
    : C:Dos
    : C:Dos Run
    : Run Dos Run
    : [/blue]
    :
    :

########################################################
    this is a very easy problem to fix
    and it took me weeks to figure out when i first encountered this problem

1. make a new access database
    2. in the new access database goto File -> Get External Data -> Import
    3. find where your old database is
    4. a box will display allowing you to select which tables to copy over
    to the new database

so select them all
    5. save the database
    6. now go into your code and change the name of the database there or
    delete the old database and copy the new database over to where the
    old one was and rename it to the old one

Hope this helps,
    If you have anymore questions, you can email me at '[email protected]'
    ~Eric

• Barkat PathanBarkat Pathan Member Posts: 6

I am sure either you need to use ADO or u have to convert your database in access 97. otherwise there is no way to use DAO with Access 2000 and later version

: My application uses "Microsoft DAO 3.51 Object Library" and my databases are in Acess97 but when i try to access a Microsoft Access2000 database, an error occurs because the database is not recognized. I really need to change the program databases to Access2000 and it would be a great mount of trouble to start using ADO, so i must keep DAO. Is there a way to maintain the source code as it is now and make it possible to use the databases in Access2000? I would really thanks your help because this is an enterprise application.
    :
    : My thanks in advance
    :