Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

running turbo pascal under win xp

CassiusCassius Member Posts: 2
How can i make Turbo Pascal v 7.0 tu run under the winxp os. I know

The problem is that each time i click on the program , the screen flickers but it does not launch the program. When in the properties i tried to make "run this program in compatibility mode for win 95" i got the following message:

16 bit Ms-Dos Subsystem.

Invalid statrup directory, please check your pif file. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thx!

Comments

• bondan83bondan83 Member Posts: 3
    I'm using XP too, but there is no problem to running a Turbo Pascal.

Try to delete all .PIF file :( ??
  • Rodimus PrimeRodimus Prime Member Posts: 51
    I'm just a newbie at this, but just like to mention that I too run Turbo Pascal 7.0 under Win XP and have no probs with it.
    Cheers,

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : How can i make Turbo Pascal v 7.0 tu run under the winxp os. I know
    :
    : The problem is that each time i click on the program , the screen flickers but it does not launch the program. When in the properties i tried to make "run this program in compatibility mode for win 95" i got the following message:
    :
    : 16 bit Ms-Dos Subsystem.
    :
    : Invalid statrup directory, please check your pif file. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
    :
    : Any help is greatly appreciated!
    :
    : Thx!
    :
    :
    :
    :
    You can try to change the properties of the turbo.exe program. In the "Starting in" (or something similar: dutch windows) it should read the path where the turbo.ee is located. If it doesn't change it to correct that.
  • CassiusCassius Member Posts: 2

Thank you all for your help. Your tips have helped in laucnh Pascal better now. All i have is one last problem, as soon as i launch pascal when the blue screen appears i am getting an error message saying "invalid file name or extension" then i click twice on ok and i can work normal. in fact on top the file name is AND.PAS and i guess that this is the reason for the error message because i think that this file does not exist.

Is there any setting i can change to either not open any files on launching the pascal or i get a new document ... hopefully i will get over this slight problem too.

Thanks again and i very much grateful for your support.

: How can i make Turbo Pascal v 7.0 tu run under the winxp os. I know
    :
    : The problem is that each time i click on the program , the screen flickers but it does not launch the program. When in the properties i tried to make "run this program in compatibility mode for win 95" i got the following message:
    :
    : 16 bit Ms-Dos Subsystem.
    :
    : Invalid statrup directory, please check your pif file. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
    :
    : Any help is greatly appreciated!
    :
    : Thx!
    :
    :
    :
    :