Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

help with writing and reading files

mark--01mark--01 Member Posts: 2
I need some help with Dev-Pascal v1.9

I need to be able to read files and write to them but i don't know the code to do so as i have been working in Turbo Pascal until now.

Comments

• ManningManning Member Posts: 1,621
    : I need some help with Dev-Pascal v1.9
    :
    : I need to be able to read files and write to them but i don't know the code to do so as i have been working in Turbo Pascal until now.

Which flavour of Dev-Pascal? If you're using the GPC compiler, I'm not sure what the equivalent is since it hardly makes an effort at implementing "Borlandisms". If you're using the FPC compiler, then it is very Borland compatable, so whatever you were doing in TP should work just fine.

And I would think even if you are using GPC the file I/O will be the same, since I think that was pretty standard across most compilers. If it's not working, maybe you could show some code and paste any errors you're getting (don't forget to point out which actual line of code the error is referring to)
  • mark--01mark--01 Member Posts: 2
    : I need some help with Dev-Pascal v1.9
    :
    : I need to be able to read files and write to them but i don't know the code to do so as i have been working in Turbo Pascal until now.
    :
    :
    yeah well im new to programming altogether as im doing an 'A' level course at school so im not sure wot type of pascal it is (so you might have to dumb it down a bit for me).
    Also it may take some time to get my work from the computers in school as Pascal is only on a few machines but ill do it asap.
  • bpajkbpajk Member Posts: 156
    : : I need some help with Dev-Pascal v1.9
    : :
    : : I need to be able to read files and write to them but i don't know the code to do so as i have been working in Turbo Pascal until now.
    : yeah well im new to programming altogether as im doing an 'A' level course at school so im not sure wot type of pascal it is (so you might have to dumb it down a bit for me).
    : Also it may take some time to get my work from the computers in school as Pascal is only on a few machines but ill do it asap.
    :
    I think that Dev-pascal file I/O routines are compatible with the Borland syntax. Here are some links:
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/3230/pas/pasl1013.html
    http://www.sepsis.za.net/programming_pascal10.html