Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Another question

ThemisThemis Member Posts: 73
[b][red]This message was edited by Themis at 2004-4-6 8:9:40[/red][/b][hr]
Hi, I have another question. I want after a post to clear a specific table cell in my page and alter its contents. Is there any way to do that, or I'll have to create a new page similar to the first one with the altered cell.

Themis

Comments

• skylarskylar Member Posts: 82
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Themis at 2004-4-6 8:9:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi, I have another question. I want after a post to clear a specific table cell in my page and alter its contents. Is there any way to do that, or I'll have to create a new page similar to the first one with the altered cell.
    :
    : Themis
    :
    :
    :

you are VERY confusing..

You can alter contents of table cells through javascript and DHTML

document.all[some id].innerHtml = 'blah blah this text has been changed';

It will take some time to figure out what the "some id" is for the cell you are looking for but you could do it another way as well..
    this text will change

Then

document.all['myid'].innerHtml = 'new text';

you would have to have that script call AFTER the table declarations otherwise the table cell will not yet exist and will not be able to be changed.. That or you could put the document.all statement in a function and then call it later.

I may not understand your question, so please explain better if i misunderstood you.

[b][blue]Snoochie Boochies[/blue][/b]