Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

beginning assembler programming

shadowomfshadowomf Member Posts: 6
yes well first thing i want to say: sorry for my bad english.
now my question: in the school we programmed assembler on a 8084
and we also learned c++ (all basics nothing special).
And i want to know what tools do i need to programming asm on my PC (amd athlon xp @1666mHz) and how can i implement assembler-code in c++?

greetings from germany
shadowomf

Comments

• shaolin007shaolin007 Member Posts: 1,018
    : yes well first thing i want to say: sorry for my bad english.
    : now my question: in the school we programmed assembler on a 8084
    : and we also learned c++ (all basics nothing special).
    : And i want to know what tools do i need to programming asm on my PC (amd athlon xp @1666mHz) and how can i implement assembler-code in c++?
    :
    : greetings from germany
    : shadowomf
    :
    Really all you need is Notepad, an assembler, and a linker. Some of the assemblers that have IDE's have the linker built into them and they are free. To your question on c++, most compilers have inline assembly compatability. The trick is finding out which syntax it uses though. Some use the Intel and some use the AT&T syntax which are dramatically different, so it's important to know that right off hand. Good luck!
  • shadowomfshadowomf Member Posts: 6
    Ok thank you. I using Borland C++ 5.0, but i really dont know wich syntax it uses (I even dont know if it supports asm).
    Can you suggest me one Assembler (i think one whith an IDE is better for me), it should be something easy and it should be free.

If Borland C++ 5 dont support asm i could also use Visual Studio .NET 2003
    or Borland C++ Builder 6, but i dont like Visual Studio (everything is inside this c/c++/java/active-x its to much for me)
    and i dont learned Builder (maybe in one year i really could use it).

And then which tutorial is good for beginners, i founded many on this page but dont know which is the right for me.

thank you for all answers
    shadowomf
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : Ok thank you. I using Borland C++ 5.0, but i really dont know wich syntax it uses (I even dont know if it supports asm).
    : Can you suggest me one Assembler (i think one whith an IDE is better for me), it should be something easy and it should be free.
    :
    : If Borland C++ 5 dont support asm i could also use Visual Studio .NET 2003
    : or Borland C++ Builder 6, but i dont like Visual Studio (everything is inside this c/c++/java/active-x its to much for me)
    : and i dont learned Builder (maybe in one year i really could use it).
    :
    : And then which tutorial is good for beginners, i founded many on this page but dont know which is the right for me.
    :
    :
    : thank you for all answers
    : shadowomf
    :
    [blue]Free Assembler: http://flatassembler.net/index.php
    ^^^ That's the best one - I can say!

To use inline assembler in BC 5.0 enclose it like so:
    [code]
    _asm {
    mov ...
    }