Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

anyone looking for a copy of TASM?

CPU MasterCPU Master Member Posts: 48
I discovered that the TASM executable is included in the
archive of Micro$oft QBX (QuickBasic Extended)!

.. anyone else discover this?

I have no idea what the licence status is of TASM besides the fact that it is quite old, i personally uses NASM exclusively now, as i find it to be the best - and the price is very affordable for the hobbyist ;)

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : I discovered that the TASM executable is included in the
    : archive of Micro$oft QBX (QuickBasic Extended)!
    :
    : .. anyone else discover this?
    :
    : I have no idea what the licence status is of TASM besides the fact that it is quite old, i personally uses NASM exclusively now, as i find it to be the best - and the price is very affordable for the hobbyist ;)
    :
    [blue]TASM is not free yet... weird... but it is included in some packages, yet you are not allowed to distribute it, even if you bought a copy of QBasic.[/blue]
  • CPU MasterCPU Master Member Posts: 48
    : : I discovered that the TASM executable is included in the
    : : archive of Micro$oft QBX (QuickBasic Extended)!
    : :
    : : .. anyone else discover this?
    : : I have no idea what the licence status is of TASM besides the fact that it is quite old, i personally uses NASM exclusively now, as i find it to be the best - and the price is very affordable for the hobbyist ;)
    : [blue]TASM is not free yet... weird... but it is included in some packages, yet you are not allowed to distribute it, even if you bought a copy of QBasic.[/blue]
    :

I see... the other oddity is the fact that M$ QBasic - including QB Extended version 7.x is free! To my knowledge this is the only M$ product that has ever become freeware once it became antiquated. Srangest of all was the fact that M$ would include a Borland product in their distribution. Why not MASM??
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : : : I discovered that the TASM executable is included in the
    : : : archive of Micro$oft QBX (QuickBasic Extended)!
    : : :
    : : : .. anyone else discover this?
    : : : I have no idea what the licence status is of TASM besides the fact that it is quite old, i personally uses NASM exclusively now, as i find it to be the best - and the price is very affordable for the hobbyist ;)
    : : [blue]TASM is not free yet... weird... but it is included in some packages, yet you are not allowed to distribute it, even if you bought a copy of QBasic.[/blue]
    :
    : I see... the other oddity is the fact that M$ QBasic - including QB Extended version 7.x is free! To my knowledge this is the only M$ product that has ever become freeware once it became antiquated. Srangest of all was the fact that M$ would include a Borland product in their distribution. Why not MASM??
    :
    [blue]Yeah... strange...[/blue]