Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Internetworking help

jeripedojeripedo Member Posts: 68
I've been designing and programming desktop office programs to help teach myself the visual basic language, But I'm not sure how to take the step to internetworking and network based programming. I was originally told to use winsock controls but that seems very limited. Am I mistaken and Winsock is the way to go or is there another set of controls i should be researching? Any input would be nice and thatnks in advance.
[code]If Userclue > 0 then
msgbox("Woohoo that Makes one")
end if[/code]
So... How long do you think you'll be waiting?
Im not Sen[red]d[/red]ing Sumbl[red]i[/red]minal m[red]e[/red]ssages

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Member Posts: 2,444
    : I've been designing and programming desktop office programs to help teach myself the visual basic language, But I'm not sure how to take the step to internetworking and network based programming. I was originally told to use winsock controls but that seems very limited. Am I mistaken and Winsock is the way to go or is there another set of controls i should be researching? Any input would be nice and thatnks in advance.
    : [code]If Userclue > 0 then
    : msgbox("Woohoo that Makes one")
    : end if[/code]
    : So... How long do you think you'll be waiting?
    : Im not Sen[red]d[/red]ing Sumbl[red]i[/red]minal m[red]e[/red]ssages
    :

I've never heard anyone say the WinSock control is not sufficient... Why would you say so?

Btw: CoOl SiGnAtUrE!

Greets...
    Richard

• jeripedojeripedo Member Posts: 68
    I jsut thought that the ability to only connecty to a single other winsock control at a time was rather weak. i figured there was something better out but i could be wrong. I've already devised a way to get around the single connect issue using multiple winsocks i just thought that there might be something better.

BTW; Thanks i like it.
    [code]If Userclue > 0 then
    msgbox("Woohoo that Makes one")
    end if[/code]
    So... How long do you think you'll be waiting?
    Im not Sen[red]d[/red]ing Sumbl[red]i[/red]minal m[red]e[/red]ssages