Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

windows HELP / shg files

My plan is to create some shg files out of dailog boxes,but i need to get my dilaog boxes in a format that hotspot editor can read?

is there an easy way to export a dialog resource

as a BMP ??

I am familiar with help workshop,rtf files etc.

Comments

• Maybe you know this already and it doesnt work for you, so sorry for wasting your time. But...

You can bring the dialog up (In the running application or inside the Resource editor) then hit Alt-Print Screen, start MS Paint, Paste, Save As..

I know thats how we do our documentation over here...

: My plan is to create some shg files out of dailog boxes,but i need to get my dilaog boxes in a format that hotspot editor can read?

:

: is there an easy way to export a dialog resource

: as a BMP ??

:

: I am familiar with help workshop,rtf files etc.

:

• No, I didnt know that and it does work. Thank you,

you relieved many hours of frustration..

How about if you want a BMP of just a drop down menu ?? How do you handle that ??

: Maybe you know this already and it doesnt work for you, so sorry for wasting your time. But...

:

: You can bring the dialog up (In the running application or inside the Resource editor) then hit Alt-Print Screen, start MS Paint, Paste, Save As..

:

: I know thats how we do our documentation over here...

:

: : My plan is to create some shg files out of dailog boxes,but i need to get my dilaog boxes in a format that hotspot editor can read?

: :

: : is there an easy way to export a dialog resource

: : as a BMP ??

: : I am familiar with help workshop,rtf files etc.

:

:

:

• Yes, there are tons of programs that do that, usually called "screen capture"s, we use one written in-house but I'm sure there are tons of shareware or freeware that do that, maybe download.com.

Hope this was helpful

: No, I didnt know that and it does work. Thank you,

: you relieved many hours of frustration..

:

: How about if you want a BMP of just a drop down menu ?? How do you handle that ??

:

: : Maybe you know this already and it doesnt work for you, so sorry for wasting your time. But...

: : You can bring the dialog up (In the running application or inside the Resource editor) then hit Alt-Print Screen, start MS Paint, Paste, Save As..

: : I know thats how we do our documentation over here...

: : : My plan is to create some shg files out of dailog boxes,but i need to get my dilaog boxes in a format that hotspot editor can read?

: : :

: : : is there an easy way to export a dialog resource

: : : as a BMP ??

: : : I am familiar with help workshop,rtf files etc.

:

:

:

• : Yes, there are tons of programs that do that, usually called "screen capture"s, we use one written in-house but I'm sure there are tons of shareware or freeware that do that, maybe download.com.

:

: Hope this was helpful

:

: : No, I didnt know that and it does work. Thank you,

: : you relieved many hours of frustration..

: : How about if you want a BMP of just a drop down menu ?? How do you handle that ??

: : : Maybe you know this already and it doesnt work for you, so sorry for wasting your time. But...

: : : You can bring the dialog up (In the running application or inside the Resource editor) then hit Alt-Print Screen, start MS Paint, Paste, Save As..

: : : I know thats how we do our documentation over here...

: : : : My plan is to create some shg files out of dailog boxes,but i need to get my dilaog boxes in a format that hotspot editor can read?

: : : :

: : : : is there an easy way to export a dialog resource

: : : : as a BMP ??

: : : : I am familiar with help workshop,rtf files etc.

:

:

: