Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Free C++ Compiler

hehehhhehehh Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone:
I am making my first steps in C++ and am looking for a good and free C++ compiler.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.

Comments

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : Hi everyone:
    : I am making my first steps in C++ and am looking for a good and free C++ compiler.
    : Any suggestions?
    : Thanks for the help.
    :
    :

www.bloodshed.net
  • hehehhhehehh Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!
    I have one more question though: I downloaded two versions of the compiler Dev.C++ 4 and Dev.C++ 4.9.9 beta.
    The first very basics programs would compile in the version 4 but would not compile in the version 4.9.9 of the compiler. Am I doing something wrong?
    Here is the code I use:

#include

int main()
    {
    std::cout<< "Hello World!
    ";
    char response;
    std::cin>> response;
    return 0;
    }

Thanks

: : Hi everyone:
    : : I am making my first steps in C++ and am looking for a good and free C++ compiler.
    : : Any suggestions?
    : : Thanks for the help.
    : :
    : :
    :
    : www.bloodshed.net
    :

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : Thanks!
    : I have one more question though: I downloaded two versions of the compiler Dev.C++ 4 and Dev.C++ 4.9.9 beta.
    : The first very basics programs would compile in the version 4 but would not compile in the version 4.9.9 of the compiler. Am I doing something wrong?
    : Here is the code I use:
    :
    : #include
    :
    : int main()
    : {
    : std::cout<< "Hello World!
    ";
    : char response;
    : std::cin>> response;
    : return 0;
    : }
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    :
    :

[blue]I just downloaded and installed 4.9.9.2 and your program compiled ok for me. what errors did you get? I don't think you can install 4.9.9.2 over the top of an earlier version. [/blue]