Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How do I find/access a port on a PCI card?

The problem is this .. I have a PCI TV Tunner card tat has an infrared remote control reciver connected directly to the PCI card ... A little program does all the work for this remote control, but I was unable to find anything about it.
So I was wondering if and how could I find the port this IRDA reciver is usind and hou to use that in my own software so I could get passs the limitations of the original software and use the remote control for other applications too.
Thanx.

Comments

• jeffleydajeffleyda Member Posts: 390
    : The problem is this .. I have a PCI TV Tunner card tat has an infrared remote control reciver connected directly to the PCI card ... A little program does all the work for this remote control, but I was unable to find anything about it.
    : So I was wondering if and how could I find the port this IRDA reciver is usind and hou to use that in my own software so I could get passs the limitations of the original software and use the remote control for other applications too.
    : Thanx.
    :

Download a PCI viewer (look here http://www.pcidatabase.com/ for a bunch of them) and check what base addresses the tuner card is reserving as system resources. The base address will either point to I/O or memory space. Then go look at the memory or I/O in that location and see if you can see data changing when you press buttons on the remote. You'll obviously have to descipher it from there.

-jeff!