Help please!!!

So i was wondering how you would make a document viewer type thing where you can just view the document.....in other words just open it so you can see what the document is

eg..

say if i wanted to look at a Microsofft Word document, and view it in another program, other than MS Word.....how can i do that!!

Comments

• With difficulty, because they have thier own seperate file types, e.g. Word is .doc. Which will have Microsofts own way of putting headers on files.

They have linkers e.g.
    There is no character for a carriage return or line feed, so a symbol is used instead, and is implanted in the file at certain points, as code rather than characters. Same for Tabs, Font type: Bold/italic etc. You also have to consider that word can have tables and graphics.

I suggest whichever file types you wish to open, you should open them with notepad, or something similar, so that you can get an idea of how the program saves its data for that file type. Then try and re-create it, or simplify it and just take out the information you want.

Notepad just reads the file literally, you can do this by just opening the file and copying it's contents into a textbox. If you're not bothered about a load of spewy code.

There may be something about how MSWord and other programs save their data, on thier website. I suppose you could always just e-mail and ask for it.

: So i was wondering how you would make a document viewer type thing where you can just view the document.....in other words just open it so you can see what the document is
    :
    : eg..
    :
    : say if i wanted to look at a Microsofft Word document, and view it in another program, other than MS Word.....how can i do that!!
    :