Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

I need to update a program

I have a dos program which needs updated information inserted at the begining of each month, I can edit and put info in, but when I print the document out the new data is not there, can anyone help, I no nothing about programming but I'm told that this program is wrote in turbo pascal
Thanks.

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Member Posts: 937
    : I have a dos program which needs updated information inserted at the begining of each month, I can edit and put info in, but when I print the document out the new data is not there, can anyone help, I no nothing about programming but I'm told that this program is wrote in turbo pascal
    : Thanks.
    :

Can you give us more info? Is this a packaged program, or custom written?

:I can edit and put info in...

What happens here? Can you see the info you entered? If you shut down the program and re-start, is the info you entered there? Is it that it jsut doesn't print?

Maybe with more info, we can help...

Melissa

• MaysamMaysam Member Posts: 2
    : : I have a dos program which needs updated information inserted at the begining of each month, I can edit and put info in, but when I print the document out the new data is not there, can anyone help, I no nothing about programming but I'm told that this program is wrote in turbo pascal
    : : Thanks.
    : :
    :
    : Can you give us more info? Is this a packaged program, or custom written?
    :
    : :I can edit and put info in...
    :
    : What happens here? Can you see the info you entered? If you shut down the program and re-start, is the info you entered there? Is it that it jsut doesn't print?
    Maybe with more info, we can help...
    Thanks for replying Mellisa,
    The main program is on 4 floppy disks which contains data going back to 1900, the update is by means of another floppy disk with added data on it, I can go into this disk and add data, no problem, I can see the added data on the monitor and if I close my system down the new data is still there to be seen when I boot up again but will not print out, I think there is probably a hidden code or something which will not allow me to add the data, the program is I believe custom written.
    :
    :
    : Melissa
    :
    :